Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training Your Humans


I am definitely a human person. I like to hang out with them, talk to them, and sometimes even cuddle with them. (They're so soft!) Humans are a bit like dogs, they are very affectionate and aren't afraid to show their feelings towards me. Most humans I've met have told me that I am very handsome. They also say I bear a great resemblance to my famous uncle Garfield.

Anyway, my good relationship with my humans is the result of endless training that requires patience, understanding and passionate dedication.


The first lesson you should give your humans is showing them that you need your own personal space. In my house, I have claimed the undies drawer, the foot of the bed, the kitchen chairs and all existing boxes, bags and baskets as my own territory. For some this may sound quite harsh, but you can approach it this way: let your humans feel free to roam around the house as much as they want, just as long as your personal space is not interrupted. This way they get a feeling of freedom and free choice.


Don't worry if you have to repeat this first lesson a couple of times. In fact, I am still in progress with my humans. They seem to have trouble understanding that I have claimed the kitchen chairs for myself. Try not to use violence, that could just traumatize the humans, and lead to rebellious acts against you. Remember, your humans aren't as smart as you! You know what's best for them.

More training tips next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment