Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Family Tree

(Click to zoom in.)

A few months ago I hired a historian to find out about my family history. This is what she discovered. My grandparents, Garfunkel and Greta Katz were German.
My father Garfunkel II sailed to Australia on a container ship (shipping sauerkraut to the European population over here), while my uncle Garfield decided to seek fame and fortune in America. My only aunt, Snowball, passed away at the age of two days.

In Australia, my father met my mother, Agnes. They got married soon after Agnes found out she was expecting sextuplets! All of us were born healthy, but our parents couldn't support us, so we were given to foster families.

My brother, Leonard, and sister, Mabel, lived right next door to each other, but didn't know they were siblings. Mabel gave birth to my nephew, Esteban, who is 3 weeks old in the photo. Garfield has offered to bring him up in America, where there is more schools for special kittens.

It was interesting to learn all this about my family. I would like to find out whether there are any koalas or wombats in my mother's side of the family. That would explain some of my personality traits. (Sleeping 20 hours a day, easygoing nature.)

I have to admit, I look very handsome in the photo!

Has anyone else ever studied their family history? Any interesting stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment